About 4-H Camp
ABOUT NEBRASKA 4-H CAMPS & CENTERS
Nebraska 4-H has two camp centers -- Nebraska State 4-H Camp near Halsey, Nebraska, and Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center near Gretna, Nebraska. Both locations provide visitors with a place to discover, to learn, and to grow, through Summer Camp, Group Team Building, Special Events, and Outdoor Education.
Owned and operated through a partnership of the, Nebraska Extension 4-H Program and the Nebraska 4-H Foundation, Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers promote the mission of Nebraska 4-H - which encourages all young people to reach their full potential, by working and learning in partnership with caring adults. The Nebraska 4-H Camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This organization sets standards for safety, maintenance, programs, human relations, transportation, and other areas of camp management. The Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers comply with more than 300 individual standards to ensure that your visit is a positive one!
It is the mission of Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers to provide unique educational opportunities that empower people of all ages to be active in the pursuit of self-improvement in a safe, inclusive, and fun environment.
- To build programs which utilize unique local resources and serve the mission of the Land Grant University and Nebraska Extension.
- The program and facility will be proactive in growing to efficiently and effectively meet changing needs.
- To be purposeful in the development and training of our human resources.
- To provide intentional youth programs that:
- are offered in a safe and inclusive environment
- provide positive relationships with caring adults
- engage youth in learning and skill mastery (target specific skills)
- provide youth the opportunity to see themselves as an active, important participant in the future
- provide youth the opportunity to be a role model or provide service to others
- To provide intentional educational and recreational experiences for adults.