State Program Contact
Robert (Bob) Meduna
Extension Educator, Southeast District 4-H Program Coordinator
UNL Southeast Research and Extension Center
1071 County Road G, Room D,
Ithaca, NE 68033-2234
Nebraska 4-H Career Portfolio
The Nebraska 4-H Career Portfolio is the annual record-keeping system used by Nebraska 4-H youth; it is a composite of all 4-H and non 4-H projects/activities throughout the individual's 4-H career.
The 4-H Career Portfolio is required for Nebraska 4-H youth to be eligible for many county and state awards.
County Level Awards
- the county may set their own limitations on the number of incentives an individual may apply for at the county level.
- the 4-H participant may be selected to represent two curriculum areas at the district and state level.
- the annual deadline for the completed 4-H Career Portfolio is typically in the fall. Contact your local UNL Extension Office for more information regarding record book deadlines and incentives/awards.
State Level Awards
- 4-H Career Porfolio applications must be submitted at a county level in order to advance to a district and state level.
- Nebraska will select youth to represent the state at National 4-H Youth Congress based upon the achievements outlined in the 4-H Career Porfolio. 4-H participants can only represent Nebraska in one of the eight curriculum areas.
- 4-H Career Porfolio applications that have advanced to the state level are anually due January 15 to the District Research and Extension Center.
The 4-H Career Portfolio includes a:
- Pre-printed tab dividers BUY
- Application and curriculum Forms
- 4-H career portfolio
- 4-H curriculum story
- supporting material (4 photo pages, 2 non-photo pages)
The 4-H Career Portfolio is scored on the following items:
- Project Accomplishments
- 4-H Leadership, Community Service, Volunteer, Citizenship and Educational Experiences
- 4-H Career Story
- 4-H Support Materials
- Non 4-H Experiences
Rules and Guidelines
Manuals and Resources
NE4H9000- 4-H Career Portfolio pdf | doc | Buy Tabs
- Application & Curriculum Form pdf | doc
- Section 1- Project Accomplishments pdf | doc
- Section 2- 4-H Leadership, Community Service, Volunteer, Citizenship & Educational Experiences pdf | doc
- Section 3- Non 4-H Experiences pdf | doc
- Section 4- 4-H Curriculum Story pdf | doc
- Section 5- Support Materials pdf | doc
- NE4H9010- Nebraska 4-H Project Record doc
- NE4H9020- Nebraska 4-H Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9030- Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Project Record doc
- NE4H9040- Nebraska 4-H Junior Leader Project Record doc