National 4-H Conference
Nebraska's Selection Process/Criteria
State selection is based on a cover letter, 4-H resume and a personal interview.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
- the cover letter addressed to the Nebraska National 4-H Conference Selection Committee should introduce the applicant by briefly highlighting 4-H member’s leadership and by explaining why they want to be selected for this award.
- the resume should highlight the 4-H member’s career (see criteria below).
- cover letter and resume should be stapled together.
- do not use plastic covers or include applicant’s photo.
Submit the cover letter and resume (application) to: Bob Meduna,1071 County Road G Room D, Ithaca, NE 68033-2234 by December 1.
The applications will be reviewed by the State Awards committee and the top 8 individuals will be selected to participate in face-to-face interviews.
The 8 finalists will be required to participate in a face-to-face interview the third Saturday in January. Location to be announced. Final selection will be based on the applicant’s communication skills, both interpersonal and public and their ability to provide leadership and develop support for an issue or platform related to 4-H.
Initially, applications will be judged based on the following criteria.
- Individual meets the age criteria
- Experiences in 4-H Leadership - 50%
- Volunteer leadership
- Elected/appointed leadership
- Experiences in 4-H citizenship and community service - 25%
- Experiences in 4-H projects and/or programs - 25%
- Learning experiences
- Accomplishments and recognitions
- Experiences in public speaking
The 4-H resume should only be 2 pages in length (one side only) using True Type Font, Times New Roman, 12 point font with 1” margins on all sides.
Resume must provide all of the following sections.
- Contact Information including: address, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Education: year in school, GPA, etc.
- Personal Goals
- 4-H Career Highlights (include overview of projects)
- 4-H Activities
- 4-H Honors and Awards
- Experiences in Public Speaking
- 4-H Leadership Experiences
- 4-H Citizenship Experiences
Expectations of National 4-H Conference Delegates:
- Represent state at National 4-H Conference
- Share conference experience with Extension staff
- Give a brief report to the Nebraska 4-H Foundation Board
- Participate in the selection of future delegates