National 4-H Dairy Conference
The National 4-H Dairy Conference gives one Nebraska 4-H youth the special opportunity to go to Madison, Wisconsin, September 27 - 30, 2015. The primary focus of the dairy conference is for 4-H members to learn more about the dairy industry and careers in the dairy industry, while having fun and making new friends from around the United States and Canada.
- Must be currently enrolled in the 4-H Dairy or Dairy Goat project
- Must have been in the 4-H Dairy or Dairy Goat project for at least 3 years
- Must be at least 15, but not more than 18 years of age on January 1 of the year attending the conference.
- Must complete the National Dairy Conference - Nebraska Application
- Cannot be participating in the National 4-H Dairy Judging Contest or World Dairy Expo the same year.
- Have not attended National 4-H Dairy Conference more than two times as a youth participant.
Participants learn about production, processing, marketing and use of dairy products, and develop a broader understanding of careers available in dairy production, biotechnology, genetics, marketing and other selected areas. The conference consists of participatory workshops on the University of Wisconsin campus, speakers, tours and visiting the World Dairy Expo.
The National 4-H Dairy Conference is held at the University of Wisconsin- Madison campus September 27-30, 2015.
- National Dairy Conference - Nebraska Application
- Donor money from numerous Nebraska dairy interests help support the program, making the trip affordable. Approximate cost is $300 for travel and lodging, plus some spending money.