Nebraska FIRST LEGO League Coach's Resources
These resources are available to assist all FIRST LEGO League teams. As noted, some may be specific for Nebraska, while others are relevant for teams everywhere.
- Checklist for Teams - This document gives a list of items to bring for a qualifier.
- FLL Team Introduction Information (word doc version) - Each team should prepare a two-page document including a photo of the team, a brief description of their robot, project and core values. Interesting tidbits about your team, like a favorite snack, how you decided upon your name, etc., help the judges connect with and remember your team.
- Core Values Poster Instructions - All Nebraska teams are requested to bring a Core Values Poster to Tournaments, following the instructions in this document. Teams attending FIRST LEGO League events NOT in Nebraska need to check with the event coordinator to find out what if your region is doing Core Values Posters.
- Robot Design Executive Summary Instructions - All Nebraska teams will present a Robot Design Executive Summary during Robot Design judging. Teams are asked to bring a 1-page handout of their Executive Summary and may choose to also bring a poster to accompany their Executive Summary presentation. Teams attending FIRST LEGO League events NOT in Nebraska need to check with the event coordinator to find out what if your region is doing Robot Design Executive Summaries.
- Block Planning Worksheet - This worksheet gives a series of squares for use in planning programs. Youth might draw or write the functions of each programming block on the worksheet to serve as an outline. The complete program draft on the worksheet can serve as a reference to record ideas between meetings, to get organized before actually writing a program, and as documentation to share with the robot design judges.