Steps to Forming and Registering a FIRST LEGO League Team/Nebraska 4-H Robotics Club
- Form a team of 2-10 youth, ages 9-14, and at least one coach
- Register with FIRST as a FIRST LEGO League team. Sign up before the middle of September, when all team spaces usually are filled.
Highly Recommended, but Optional: Register your FIRST LEGO League team as a Nebraska 4-H Club by contacting your local Nebraska Extension Office.
- Registration fee is $225
- All teams need access to a Challenge Set (approximately $75). Teams that meet in the same location can share a Challenge Set
- Tax and shipping are not included above.
- Acquire equipment:
- LEGO NXT-G software or LEGO EV3 software
- LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robotics kit or LEGO EV3 robotics kit
- Start meeting as a team.
- Begin building, programming, researching, and practicing as soon as the Challenge is announced.
- Register for a Nebraska FIRST LEGO League Qualifying Tournament. See the Nebraska FIRST Robotics Schedule for locations, dates, times, and costs of this year's Tournaments. Each qualifyer has capacity for 18-40 teams. Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis determined by your online registrations. You may register for one event per team. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is processed. Details about event schedules, paperwork to bring to bring, lunch options, etc., will be sent closer to the date/time of the tournament. Qualifying teams will then advance to the Nebraska Championship Tournament.
2016-17 FIRST LEGO League
Get ready. Get set. Roar! Or you could bark, quack, or squeak, because the 2016 ANIMAL ALLIESSM season is all about our furry, feathered, and finned friends. In the 2016 FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge, more than 28,000 teams of students age 9 to 14* will look into the eyes of our ANIMAL ALLIES. What might become possible when we learn to help each other?