The 4-H Presentation Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating. Through these contests, youth have an opportunity to teach others about the skills they have learned in 4-H by developing and delivering a "show and tell" presentation.
County Presentation Contests
All Nebraska 4-H youth can participate in the 4-H Presentation Contest at the county level. County contests are typically held several weeks prior to county fair; however, this date may vary from county to county. Additional presentation opportunities or age groups may be offered at the county level.
Please contact your local Extension office to learn more about county contests, including registration deadlines and contest dates and locations.
State Presentation Contests
The State 4-H Presentation Contests takes place during both weekends of the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island, NE. Contests are held in the 4-H/FFA Exhibit Hall of the State Fairgrounds. The state level contests include the 4-H Presentation Contest, the Teaching Presentation Contest, and the Digital Video 4-H FilmFest. Please refer to the 4-H Nebraska State Fair Schedule for this year's contest dates.
Rules & Regulations
In order to participate in the Nebraska State 4-H Presentation Contests, 4-H'ers must be 10 years of age as of January 1 of the current year. All contests require the participant(s) to be present. Additional rules and regulations can be found in the Nebraska State Fair 4-H Fairbook.
Before registering, please review all rules and regulations in the current Nebraska State Fair 4-H Fairbook. Participants in all State 4-H Presentation Contests must register online through ShoWorks by 5 pm CT on August 10. The forms below are intended to help you register online.
- Division 151: 4-H Presentation Contest Registration Helpsheet
- Division 152: Teaching (Trade Show Exhibit) Presentation Contest Registration Helpsheet
- Division 153: Digital Video 4-H FilmFest Registration Helpsheet
- State 4-H Presentation Contest Fairbook - Rules, Scoresheets
- Incorporating Nebraska 4-H Educational Priorities into 4-H Presentatons
- The Versatile 4-H Presentation
- The Four P's of Planning a Presentation
- Getting Ready to Give a 4-H Presentation
- Presentation Visuals
- Using PowerPoint in 4-H Presentation
- Evaluating a 4-H Presentation
- How to Prepare a Multimedia Presentation