Showing a rabbit. Interview judging. Zooming down the zipline. Aiming for the archery target. Jumping into the saddle. Riding a bike. Baking muffins. Programming a robot. Nebraska 4-H youth from across the state are learning by doing – and we want to share your #NE4H view with others!
A new attraction is debuting at this year’s Nebraska State Fair in the 4-H Exhibit Hall – the #NE4H Video View Wall! The Video View Wall features 12 large televisions that will showcase point-of-view videos taken by Nebraska 4-H’ers. Below are a few steps for filming and submitting your #NE4H view with others at the Nebraska State Fair!
- Obtain a GoPro or create your own using a mobile device. See the production tip videos below for ideas on recording footage without a GoPro. If needed locate mounts or attachments. Example attachments can be seen in the production tip videos.
- Begin recording footage by looking at the camera and sharing your first name, county, and the project you are completing. Then begin completing your 4-H project (ex. sewing) or participating in a 4-H experience (ex. livestock show). See the sample footage at the bottom of the this page for ideas and examples.
- Edit footage to 4-6 minutes in length by using a video editing program (ex. Windows Movie Maker, iMovie). Be sure to save edited footage as an .mp4, .avi, or .mov file.
- Upload video file to a cloud storage system (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). Be sure that privacy settings will allow guests to download the file. Copy the file's web link.
- Complete the #NE4H Video View Submission Form and remember to paste the file's web link into the form.
- Visit the 4-H Exhibit Hall during the 2016 Nebraska State Fair to see your #NE4H Video View!