The National 4-H Dairy Conference gives one Nebraska 4-H youth the special opportunity to go to Madison, Wisconsin. The primary focus of the dairy conference is for 4-H members to learn more about the dairy industry, as well as careers in the dairy industry while having fun and making new friends from around the United States and Canada.
Participants learn about production, processing, marketing and use of dairy products, and develop a broader understanding of careers available in dairy production, biotechnology, genetics, marketing and other selected areas. The conference consists of participatory workshops on the University of Wisconsin campus, speakers, tours and visiting the World Dairy Expo.
- Youth must be currently enrolled in the 4-H dairy or dairy goat project.
- Youth must be enrolled in the 4-H Dairy or Dairy Goat project for at least 3 years
- Youth must be at least 15, but not more than 18 years of age before January 1 of the year they are attending the conference.
- Youth must complete the National Dairy Conference - Nebraska Application below.
- Youth cannot be participating in the National 4-H Dairy Judging contest the same year.
- Youth much provide a minimum amount of expenses. Donor money from numerous Nebraska dairy interests helps support the program, making the trip affordable. Approximate cost is $300 for travel and lodging, plus some spending money.
To apply for funding to attend the National 4-H Dairy Conference, youth need to complete the application form. The application needs to be approved and signed by the applicant, the applicant's parent/guardian, and the applicant's 4-H Extension Assistant or Educator. The completed application form must be mailed by June 15 to:
- Kim Clark
Dairy Extension Educator
University of Nebraska-Lincoln - East Campus
C221 Animal Science
Lincoln, NE 68583-0908