Animal Educational Displays
Co Superintendent: Jill Goedeken, Platte County
Co Superintendent: Linda Dannehl, Phelps/Gosper Counties
4-H’ers are invited to create a poster highlighting an educational aspect of their animal project. The poster could focus on a current livestock issue, animal industry career, animal care or health, economic impacts of the livestock industry, within the species of dairy, beef, sheep, swine, goat, poultry, and rabbit.
Posters will be displayed in the entrance of the livestock buildings as a way to increase the educational experiences of both the 4-H member and the general public increasing agricultural literacy and promoting good will at the Nebraska State Fair. During the time when the corresponding animal is not stalled on the fairgrounds, the poster will be displayed in the 4-H/FFA Building. In order to be eligible for the State Fair, posters must have been exhibited at the county fair and received a purple ribbon. Because posters may have been exhibited at the county fair in outside conditions, it is understood that they may be re-done prior to Nebraska State Fair but the content and design should be similar.
- Entries are limited to those that reference species that stall on the fairgrounds during the Nebraska State Fair. Species include dairy, beef, sheep, swine, goat, poultry and rabbit. (Horse, small animal and dog posters are not allowed in this division as they do not stall during the Nebraska State Fair.)
- Entries will be registered by county office staff and entered during the static entry day at the Nebraska State Fair.
- Posters will be judged on static entry day of the State Fair when other static exhibits are judged.
- Posters will be displayed in the respective barns based on the focus of the exhibit. Educational display superintendents will display posters and they will be in place throughout the weekend of their respective exhibition at the Nebraska State Fair.
- Poster display should be sturdy enough to last through the fair and no larger than 22 x 28 inches. Only standard poster board will be accepted. Foam Board or cardboard posters are discouraged. NOTE: Please take into consideration that these exhibits will be displayed inside the barns and may not be returned to the exhibitor in the original condition at the time of entry.
- State Fair Educational Display Superintendents and/or Livestock Superintendents will be responsible for displaying the entries.
- All entries must match the specie of livestock they have entered at EITHER the county fair OR in the Nebraska State Fair. For example, if a 4-H’er is exhibiting beef, their entry must be about beef and not another species. Also a 4-H’er is NOT required to exhibit their livestock/animal entry at the State Fair. The entry just needs to match the species that was exhibited at the county level.
- Posters will be judged. Refer to scoresheet for this exhibit.
- G-090-100 Educational Display
Scoresheets, Forms & More