Steps to Forming and Registering a FIRST LEGO League Team/Nebraska 4-H Robotics Club
- Form a team of 2-10 youth, ages 9-14, and at least one coach
- Register with FIRST as a FIRST LEGO League team. Sign up before the middle of September, when all team spaces usually are filled.
Highly Recommended, but Optional: Register your FIRST LEGO League team as a Nebraska 4-H Club by contacting your local Nebraska Extension Office.
- Registration fee is $300.
- All teams need access to a Challenge Set (comes with registration).
- Tax and shipping are not included above.
- Acquire equipment:
- LEGO NXT-G software or LEGO EV3 software
- LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robotics kit or LEGO EV3 robotics kit
- Start meeting as a team.
- Begin building, programming, researching, and practicing as soon as the Challenge is announced.
- Register for a Nebraska FIRST LEGO League Qualifying Tournament. See the Nebraska FIRST Robotics Schedule for locations, dates, times, and costs of this year's Tournaments. Each qualifier has capacity for 18-40 teams. Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis determined by your online registrations. You may register for one event per team. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is processed. Details about event schedules, paperwork to bring to bring, lunch options, etc., will be sent closer to the date/time of the tournament. Qualifying teams will then advance to the Nebraska Championship Tournament.