MyPI (My Preparedness Initiative) Nebraska is a component of the National Youth Preparedness Initiative, a multi-state partnership delivering an innovative and engaging curriculum for teenagers. The in-person program is designed to help youth prepare their community, their family, and themselves for emergencies. Participants complete a flexible and comprehensive program in which they:
- Build life-saving skill sets,
- Become certified in CPR and AED usage,
- Learn about emergency management and first responder careers,
- Identify hazards and become extreme weather aware,
- Give back to their community through the PREP + 6 Service Project,
- Develop emergency kits and family communication plans, and
- Learn about technology in emergency preparedness, including NOAA weather radios, social and smartphone apps, HAM radios, etc.
To graduate from the program, youth must complete all components.
This program is delivered locally. To find out if this program is offered in your area, contact Ashley Mueller at 402-727-2775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth interested in completing the preparedness program should submit a Student Application. Additionally, adults interested in becoming volunteer instructors should complete the Volunteer Instructor Application. A new instructor workshop is offered annually in the spring.