The Nebraska State Fair Board announced that the 2020 Nebraska State Fair will be a celebration of 4-H and FFA youth! While the State Fair will look different than it has in the past, we are excited to see the support for young people and to showcase the projects they've been working on throughout the year.
Some key highlights and updates for 4-H Exhibitors:
- The 4-H contests and 4-H livestock shows will all be held on the first weekend (August 29-30).
- 4-H static exhibits will not be re-judged at State Fair. Static exhibits will receive special recognition, and best of show awards will be selected. Static exhibits will remain on display throughout the fair.
- The Youth Dairy Show and Dairy Judging Contest will be held on the second weekend (specific dates TBD).
- The FFA livestock shows will be on the second weekend (September 5-6).
- By having the shows on separate weekends, there will be more space in the barns; hence, 4-H livestock entry limits will remain the same.
Please stay tuned to 4h.unl.edu/state-fair for more updates as details are finalized.