Congratulations to Nebraska's most talented student designers! Omaha Fashion Week kicked off with a Student Night on Tuesday, February 25. Over 50 looks by high school student designers were shown on the runway as OFW kicked off its spring 2020 season at the Omaha Design Center. Over 1000 students and guests were in the audience to watch the runway show and pre-show panel discussion.
Emcee Waverle Monroe of KETV NewsWatch 7 brought the show to life! Lights dimmed and the show began with Joslyn’s Fashion Arts Mentor Program in partnership with Yates Community Center, full of creative looks in floral and iridescent prints. Omaha South High School kept the show going with clean lines and tailored pieces. Nebraska FCCLA hit the runway, mixing minimalist looks with euphoric pieces. Joslyn Art Museum’s Kent Bellows Mentoring Program finished out the first half of the show with bold patterns and statement pieces on the Allure Med Spa Runway to Beauty.
Develop Model Management models styled by the Omaha Fashion Week Beauty Alliance lined up backstage, ready to present breathtaking collections during the second half. Collections from Omaha Central High School captured the audience’s attention with edgy pieces and pops of color. Nebraska 4-H mixed classic business pieces with shimmery formal wear. The final collection from Burke High School closed the show, with funky streetwear and dramatic pops of red!
Nebraska 4-H members applied to participate in the 4-H collection. Garment entries were to be fashion-forward, runway appropriate, and display high-quality construction. The collection features garments with high-level skill and creativity.
The 4-H collection consisted of twelve garments from across the state and featured the following 4-H members:
- Kiersten Preister of Humphrey – Platte County
- Matalie Wallin of Imperial – Chase County
- Amber Gonzalez of McCook – Red Willow County
- Mariah Dather of Bloomfield – Knox County
- Karla Herrarte of Lexington – Dawson County
- Saidi Ringenberg of Lexington – Dawson County
- Sydni Ringenberg of Lexington – Dawson County
- Audrey Glaubius of Wisner – Cuming County
- AnnaLiese (Anni) Reha of Hampton – Hamilton County
- Ellie Babcock of Waverly – Lancaster County
- Addison Zook of David City – Butler County
- Mackenzie Sudbeck of Wynot – Cedar County
In addition, Omaha Fashion Week panels select one winning designer each night of fashion week. This year was extra special because one of our 4-H’ers won the designer prize of the night! Congratulations to Amber Gonzales on her $500 prize for the best Student Night design!!