It is with great excitement that Nebraska 4-H will be offering new livestock classes and divisions at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair! The decision to shift 4-H and FFA livestock shows to the two different weekends provided the opportunity to offer new shows and programs for 4-H exhibitors.
New in 2021!
- Feeder calf show
- A junior breeding heifer class will be added to all breeding classes.
- 4-H members will be eligible to show up to a total of 5 beef animals. A 4-H member can exhibit up to 2 market beef, 3 breeding heifers, and 2 feeder calves as long as the total number of entries does not exceed five beef animals.
- Beeding gilt show with 9 purebred classes, as well as crossbred classes
- Expanded market swine show with 9 purebred classes
- A new Farrowed and Owned Breeding Market Swine division for youth interested in learning more about the swine industry. The Nebraska 4-H Farrowed and Owned Swine Cohort is designed to enhance the traditional 4-H swine project and cultivate the next generation of leaders in the swine industry by providing opportunities focusing on swine production as a goal of the 4-H member's project, along with accurate and complete record-keeping, industry knowledge, and engagement by the 4-H member.
- 4-H members will be eligible to show up to a total of 5 swine animals. A 4-H member is limited to exhibit 3 market hogs and 2 breeding gilts.
- 4-H members will be eligible to show up to a total of 5 sheep if at least two are breeding ewes. In no case will a 4-H member exhibit more than three 3 market lambs.
- 4-H members will be eligible to show up to a total of 5 goats if at least two are breeding does. In no case will a 4-H member exhibit more than 3 market goats.