The 2020 State 4-H Livestock Judging Contest will be held on Sunday, September 20th at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Animal Science Complex. Registration/Check-in will be at 7:00 AM that morning with the contest beginning at 8:00 AM. As of now, the National 4-H Livestock Judging Contest is moving forward as planned, and our state-level contest is vital for a team to qualify for the national level.
There will be changes to this year's contest:
- This will be a senior division only contest. Each team will be limited to 5 contestants and only one coach and one other chaperone if needed.
- Everyone attending the contest will wear a mask and hand sanitizing stations will be present throughout the facility.
- Livestock classes will be arranged in a more spread-out fashion and we may implement a 2-round system for the placings portion of the contest.
- Youth will maintain at least a 10-foot distance from the reasons takers during that portion of the competition.
- We will not arrange a live awards ceremony on site. Awards will be announced online. Awards will be mailed.
- We will not provide any pencils, clipboards, paper, etc. Each team must bring their own materials. We will only handout placing cards and contestant numbers in the team packets.
- We will not provide lunch. We plan to have the contest finished by 1:00-2:00 PM. If a hotel room is needed for Saturday night, the Staybridge Suites I-80 will be providing a special rate.
If hotel rooms are needed for Saturday night, the Staybridge Suites I-80 will be providing a special rate.
Registration is open now and will close at noon on Wednesday, September 16th. Registration must be completed through county Extension offices.