- Understand the spirit of 4-H and implement a program which aligns with positive youth development.
- Help set goals for the event.
- Recruit volunteers to help with the event.
- Assist in the promotion of the event (at least 4 weeks in advance).
- Arrange location, program materials, and equipment needed for the event.
- Survey youth for new and exciting ideas for events.
- Evaluation of the event itself.
- Assist with identifying and obtaining event resources (speakers, donations, other volunteers, etc.).
- Provide leadership during the event.
- Help with setup and cleanup of the event.
- Keep 4-H staff informed on the progress of event plans.
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Will work primarily with youth, but parents can/should be involved in 4-H project as 4-H is a family affair.
- Will work cooperatively and communicate with county Extension staff, organizational leaders, project leaders, and teen leaders