- Understand the spirit of 4-H and implement a program which aligns with positive youth development.
- Serve in a leadership role at the local, county, district, or state levels.
- Assume responsibilities for 4-H activities, groups, or clubs.
- Gain experience and thus develop more leadership abilities.
- Ability and desire to work with youth.
- Ability to organize materials and information.
- Have the skills and knowledge to teach within the project area.
- Willingness to become familiar with the programs available through Nebraska 4-H.
- Will work primarily with youth, but parents can/should be involved in 4-H projects as 4-H is a family affair.
- Will work cooperatively and communicate with county Extensions staff, organizational leaders, and project leaders.
- Time required is estimated at approximately 6-12 meetings a year plus preparation time for each meeting.
- 4-H curriculum and project resources
- Leader training sessions
- Extension staff, organization leaders, and project leaders