State 4-H Camp
State 4-H Camp
The Nebraska State 4-H Camp is located within the Nebraska National Forests and Grasslands near Halsey, Nebraska, and is one of two Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers. Serving the youth of Nebraska since 1959, the Nebraska State 4-H Camp hosts Summer Camp, Group Team Building, Special Events, and Outdoor Education.
Follow Nebraska State 4-H Camp
Nebraska State 4-H Camp
83222 4-H Camp Road
Halsey, NE 69142
From the East
Go one mile west from Halsey on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
From the West
Go 15 miles east from Thedford on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
Plan an Event at Nebraska State 4-H Camp
LodgingThe Nebraska State 4-H Camp, near Halsey, Nebraska, has capacity for 170 overnight guests.
- Each modern cabin is heated and has a bathroom with shower or access to a bath/shower house.
The Eppley Lodge, one of the most endearing main lodge facilities in Nebraska with air-conditioned spaces, includes:
- A Grand Ballroom with surrounding balcony and dining hall, comfortably seating 200.
- Two Conference Rooms seating 30-40 guests.
- On-site full-service dining, providing nutritious and tasty food, and catering options available to accommodate all group sizes.
The Outdoor Education Center has space for 25.
- Shooting Ranges -- Archery, BB Gun, Air Pellet Rifle, Shotgun
- River Access
- Group Team Building Challenge Course
- Recreation Courts -- Basketball Court, Volleyball Court, Grass Recreation Fields
- Campfire Pits
- Nature Trails
- NEW Canopy Zip Line (Coming Soon!)
Activities at Camp
- Aquatic Sports -- Canoeing, Tanking, Kayaking, Tubing
- T.R.U.S.T. Course
Nebraska State 4-H Camp Special Events
October 7-9, 2016
Support 4-H Camperships for the Nebraska State 4-H Camp while you enjoy a guided Trail Ride in Nebraska's scenic Sandhills! All proceeds from the 4-H Trail Ride will support the State 4-H Camp near Halsey, Nebraska.
- Schedule includes AQHA Trail Ride Clinic, Trail Ride, Steak Fry
- Crafts, Silent Auction, and Live Auction
- Lodging at Nebraska State 4-H Camp available
Your investment in Nebraska 4-H helps support these efforts and will impact youth from across Nebraska.
Questions? Contact Connie Cox at 308-533-2224.
Take a Tour
Meet the Team
The directors of the Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers share more than 50 years of combined experience in working with youth and continue to be leaders among peers in the youth development field. Each location recruits an experienced and caring staff that receives training in first-aid/CPR, water safety, camping skills, and positive youth development.
State 4-H Camp Director
Hello, I'm Connie and have been working at camp for 20 years. I started as the office secretary in August of 1994. For the past 7 years I have been the Camp Director and have enjoyed the adventure of taking on each and every part of camp life. Each year I get excited to see the campers as they come ready to canoe, zip line, or explore the outdoors. Over the years I have been able to experience events, activities and the growth of so many campers. At camp youth make new friends and memories but they go home with self-confidence, leadership and the ability to face new fears. Camp puts the FUN in summer.
State 4-H Camp Advisory Board