State 4-H Camp
STATE 4-H CAMP
The Nebraska State 4-H Camp is located within the Nebraska National Forests and Grasslands near Halsey, Nebraska, and is one of two Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers. Serving the youth of Nebraska since 1959, the Nebraska State 4-H Camp hosts Summer Camp, Group Team Building, Special Events, and Outdoor Education.
Follow Nebraska State 4-H Camp
Nebraska State 4-H Camp
83222 4-H Camp Road
Halsey, NE 69142
From the East
Go one mile west from Halsey on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
From the West
Go 15 miles east from Thedford on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
PLAN AN EVENT
at Nebraska State 4-H Camp
The Nebraska State 4-H Camp, near Halsey, Nebraska, has capacity for 170 overnight guests. Each modern cabin is heated and has a bathroom with shower or access to a bath/shower house.
The Eppley Lodge, one of the most endearing main lodge facilities in Nebraska with air-conditioned spaces, includes:
- A Grand Ballroom with surrounding balcony and dining hall, comfortably seating 200.
- Two Conference Rooms seating 30-40 guests.
- On-site full-service dining, providing nutritious and tasty food, and catering options available to accommodate all group sizes.
The Outdoor Education Center has space for 25.
- Shooting Ranges -- Archery, BB Gun, Air Pellet Rifle, Shotgun
- River Access
- Group Team Building Challenge Course
- Recreation Courts -- Basketball Court, Volleyball Court, Grass Recreation Fields
- Campfire Pits
- Nature Trails
- NEW Canopy Zip Line (Coming Soon!)
Activities at Camp
- Aquatic Sports -- Canoeing, Tanking, Kayaking, Tubing
- T.R.U.S.T. Course
Contact Connie Cox at 308-533-2224 or email@example.com to plan your event at the Nebraska State 4-H Camp!
4-H Trail Ride
October 13-15, 2017
Support 4-H Camperships for the Nebraska State 4-H Camp while you enjoy a guided Trail Ride in Nebraska's scenic Sandhills! All proceeds from the 4-H Trail Ride will support the State 4-H Camp near Halsey, Nebraska.
- Schedule includes AQHA Trail Ride Clinic, Trail Ride, Steak Fry
- Crafts, Silent Auction, and Live Auction
- Lodging at Nebraska State 4-H Camp available
Your investment in Nebraska 4-H helps support these efforts and will impact youth from across Nebraska.
Questions? Contact Connie Cox at 308-533-2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAKE A TOUR
MEET THE TEAM
Nebraska State 4-H Camp Director
Hello, I'm Connie and have been working at camp for 20 years. I started as the office secretary in August of 1994. For the past 7 years I have been the Camp Director and have enjoyed the adventure of taking on each and every part of camp life. Each year I get excited to see the campers as they come ready to canoe, zip line, or explore the outdoors. Over the years I have been able to experience events, activities and the growth of so many campers. At camp youth make new friends and memories but they go home with self-confidence, leadership and the ability to face new fears. Camp puts the FUN in summer.
Nebraska State 4-H Camp Advisory Board