State 4-H Camp
STATE 4-H CAMP
The Nebraska State 4-H Camp is located within the Nebraska National Forests and Grasslands near Halsey, Nebraska, and is one of two Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers. Serving the youth of Nebraska since 1959, the Nebraska State 4-H Camp hosts Summer Camp, Group Team Building, Special Events, and Outdoor Education.
Follow Nebraska State 4-H Camp
Nebraska State 4-H Camp
83222 4-H Camp Road
Halsey, NE 69142
From the East
Go one mile west from Halsey on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
From the West
Go 15 miles east from Thedford on Highway 2 until you reach the Nebraska National Forest entrance. Enter the forest and follow the 4-H signs until you reach the Nebraska State 4-H Camp.
PLAN AN EVENT
at Nebraska State 4-H Camp
The Nebraska State 4-H Camp, near Halsey, Nebraska, has capacity for 170 overnight guests. Each modern cabin is heated and has a bathroom with shower or access to a bath/shower house.
The Eppley Lodge, one of the most endearing main lodge facilities in Nebraska with air-conditioned spaces, includes:
- A Grand Ballroom with surrounding balcony and dining hall, comfortably seating 200.
- Two Conference Rooms seating 30-40 guests.
- On-site full-service dining, providing nutritious and tasty food, and catering options available to accommodate all group sizes.
The Outdoor Education Center has space for 25.
- Shooting Ranges -- Archery, BB Gun, Air Pellet Rifle, Shotgun
- River Access
- Group Team Building Challenge Course
- Recreation Courts -- Basketball Court, Volleyball Court, Grass Recreation Fields
- Campfire Pits
- Nature Trails
- NEW Canopy Zip Line (Coming Soon!)
Activities at Camp
- Aquatic Sports -- Canoeing, Tanking, Kayaking, Tubing
- T.R.U.S.T. Course
Contact the Nebraska State 4-H Camp at 308-533-2224 or email@example.com to plan your event!
4-H Trail Ride
October 13-15, 2017
Join us for an enjoyable, guided Trail Ride in the scenic Nebraska National Forest near Halsey. Enjoy delicious meals, family activities and great entertainment. All proceeds support the Nebraska 4-H camp programs.
Friday, October 13
- Bring Your horse and settle in!
- 4:00 pm - Panel Party to setup corrals
- Dinner on your own.
Saturday, October 14
- 8:00 am - Registration
- 9:30 am - Trail Ride (2.5 hours)
- 12:00 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Trail Ride (3.5 hours)
- 1:00 pm - AQHA Trail Challenge Clinic
- 6:00 pm - Dinner at the Lodge
- 7:00 pm - Crafts, Auction and Entertainment (Dee Denayor)
Sunday, October 15
- 7:30 am - Breakfast & inspirational time.
- 10:00 am - Trail Ride (2 hours)
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Trail Ride (optional)
To register, mail the completed registration form to the Nebraska 4-H Foundation, 210 Mussehl Hall East Campus, PO Box 830719, Lincoln, NE 68583-0719. The registration fee is $50.00 per person if postmarked before October 1. After October 1 the registration fee is $65.00. Join us for just the Saturday night dinner, auction, and entertainment for $20.00. No refunds.
TAKE A TOUR
MEET THE TEAM
Nebraska State 4-H Camp Advisory Board