4-H Recruiting Efforts
- Recruitment Materials
- Recruitment Recognition
State Wide Goals:
- To make 1,000 contacts between May 1, 2014 and September 1, 2014.
- To make 3,250 new contacts between September 1, 2014 and May 1, 2015.
- To make 2,500 touchpoints between September 1, 2014 and May 1, 2015.
County Goals: Each county will select two goals
1. Campus Visits and Events
Goal: Extension staff will assist families/youth in coordinating a campus visit
Goal: Extension staff will coordinate an all-encompassing campus visit with students
2. Community Collaboration
Goal: Extension staff will collaborate with community/county youth organizations/partners to conduct a youth event. ie: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls Club, Teammates, Library, Summer Youth Institutes, YMCA, Community Colleges
3. Connect Extension to Community Partners to engage in career exploration
Goal: Extension staff will collaborate with community stakeholders on building a relationship between youth and their 4-H projects and career exploration/opportunities
4. Expanding the reach to those who are not currently being served
Test Scores (Science and Math)
Goal: Extension staff will identify and target a new demographic audience in student recruitment
5. Use curriculum at least one time per county in 2014
Goal: Extension staff will utilize the 5th and 6th grade curriculum with at least one group of students during the 2014/2015 school year
Annual Student Recruitment Conference | Save the Date: April 29-30, 2015. Registration opening in March.
Student Recruitment Update Webinar Recording - November 7, 2013
Recruitment Key Note: Dean Pamela HorneThis content requires Flash Download the free Flash Player now!
UNL Extension has consistently played an important role in student recruitment. In order to help reach UNL's goal of 30,000 students and in order to help young people be college ready, UNL Extension is putting together a series of resources to help all faculty and staff better reach potential students.
What will Success Look Like: Our overall goal is increased enrollment at UNL. Because of the work Extension does with 4-H and other programs, we are uniquely positioned to reach younger youth (5th-10th graders) and start help students statewide become college ready. Because of Extension's unique ability to reach younger students, Extension's outcomes will include:
Office of Admissions will have more contacts based on Extension efforts.
- Measured by new contacts – individuals who had not previously been in database.
On-going relationship building with potential students by Extension faculty.
- Measured by touch point (student is already in data base, information is updated and we add how they were connected with the goal being an increased number of contacts with the student).
Success stories of successful recruitment efforts.
- Measured by a data base where extension faculty/staff can input examples.
The following resources can be used to help UNL Extension faculty/staff reach these outcomes. See something that's missing? Make your comments on the form which is located at the bottom of this page.
Student Recruitment Funds
Below are the campus visit options available for students in your area. Please contact Micaela Rahe <email@example.com>.
College Talking Points
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Fact Sheet
- College of Architecture Fact Sheet
- College of Business Administration Fact Sheet
- College of Engineering Fact Sheet
- College of Fine and Performing Arts Fact Sheet
- College of Journalism and Mass Communications Fact Sheet
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service Fact Sheet
- Explore Center Fact Sheet
4 Year Plans
- Majors Matching Game - This game allows students to learn about majors at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, while matching them with the corresponding picture. Cut each square out to make a card and then the students can match them together.
- Mad Lib: Moving to College - Word File | PDF File
- Mad Lib: My First Day - Word File | PDF File
- Career Future Puzzle
Material requests need to be made 2 weeks in advance of when you need them.