4-H Recruiting Efforts
Welcome!2013-2014 Student Recruitment Goals
- To make 3,000 new contacts by May 1, 2014.
- To have 2,300 touchpoints by May 1, 2014.
Student Recruitment Update Webinar Recording - November 7, 2013
UNL Extension has consistently played an important role in student recruitment. In order to help reach UNL's goal of 30,000 students and in order to help young people be college ready, UNL Extension is putting together a series of resources to help all faculty and staff better reach potential students.
What will Success Look Like: Our overall goal is increased enrollment at UNL. Because of the work Extension does with 4-H and other programs, we are uniquely positioned to reach younger youth (5th-10th graders) and start help students statewide become college ready. Because of Extension's unique ability to reach younger students, Extension's outcomes will include:
Office of Admissions will have more contacts based on Extension efforts.
- Measured by new contacts – individuals who had not previously been in database.
On-going relationship building with potential students by Extension faculty.
- Measured by touch point (student is already in data base, information is updated and we add how they were connected with the goal being an increased number of contacts with the student).
Success stories of successful recruitment efforts.
- Measured by a data base where extension faculty/staff can input examples.
The following resources can be used to help UNL Extension faculty/staff reach these outcomes. See something that's missing? Make your comments on the form which is located at the bottom of this page.
Student Recruitment Funds
Below are the campus visit options available for students in your area. Please contact Micaela Rahe <email@example.com>.
College Talking Points
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Fact Sheet
- College of Architecture Fact Sheet
- College of Business Administration Fact Sheet
- College of Engineering Fact Sheet
- College of Fine and Performing Arts Fact Sheet
- College of Journalism and Mass Communications Fact Sheet
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service Fact Sheet
- Explore Center Fact Sheet
- Majors Matching Game - This game allows students to learn about majors at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, while matching them with the corresponding picture. Cut each square out to make a card and then the students can match them together.
- Mad Lib: Moving to College - Word File | PDF File
- Mad Lib: My First Day - Word File | PDF File