A Lead Resident Camp Counselor must be able to fulfill the duties of a general staff member, including but not limited to being able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques and develop age-appropriate activities. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean summer program site; ensuring a high level of program quality, and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The Camp Lead Counselors will provide a positive role model to the Nebraska 4-H camper.
Camp Administration Team
Camp Leadership Team
Must attend Pre-Camp Trainings. Must attend all Staff Meetings.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Ability to organize camp schedules
- Strong programming background
- Interest and experience with outdoor activities
- Knowing and being able to perform all duties of a General Camp Staff, including living in cabins.
- Holding periodic staff meetings with the Resident Camp staff
- Providing schedules to Resident Camp staff
- Coordinating all evening activities
- Working with the Camp Administration Team to provide performance reviews of the General Counselors
- Coordinating Resident Camp medication distribution in the absentness of health aids
- Communicating any staff or parent concerns to the Camp Administration Team
- Serving as a mediator to solve problems that arise between all levels of staff
- Mentoring staff, Program Assistants, and Camp Apprentices.
- Be willing and able to perform other duties around camp as assigned.
- Never be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on duty for Nebraska 4-H.
- Always keep a positive and enthusiastic attitude while instilling excitement in campers.