A camp photographer must be able to fulfill the duties of a general staff member, including but not limited to being able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques and develop age-appropriate activities. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean summer program site; ensuring a high level of program quality, and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. Photographers will provide a positive role model to the Nebraska 4-H camper.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with youth/teens.
- Interest and experience with outdoor activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others within and outside of Nebraska 4-H.
- Basic photography and videography skills
- Able to use computer programs to create slideshows or camp videos
Camp Administration Team
80% General Staff Member
- Counselors are at all times responsible for the supervision and safety of their campers. You must know where campers are at all times, and be responsible for their safety and well-being.
- Help all campers have a FUN time at all camp programs, while providing them with a well-rounded experience.
- Promote and work under Nebraska 4-H Camps Mission.
- Be a positive role model for all campers, watching language used, topics discussed with campers, behavior, attitude and dress.
- Interpret to campers all Nebraska 4-H rules, and see they are followed and respected.
- Assist campers in adjusting to each other and in planning their camp program with camper input.
- Make sure that First Aid is given to all campers in need. Report all accidents or problems to medical Director.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and Camp Apprentices and Camp Program Assistants. Inform Leadership staff of problems as soon as they occur.
- Cooperate with parents of campers. Manage two-way communication between camp and parents. Consult Site Director with problems communicating with parents.
- Being available for weekly overnight experiences with campers.
- Perform all duties as assigned to the best of your ability, and with a positive attitude.
20% Media- Photography and Video
- Working collaboratively with camp staff in the collection of photography for all camp events.
- Upload approximately 200 photos per day to an online site for parents to view each night by
- Weekly – take group photos of cabins and create end of session video to be displayed for parents. Make sure video is ready and set up PRIOR to Parent arrival on camp. Video should be approximately 20 minutes long and showcase both video and photography.
- Meet with leadership team staff when possible and stay aware of the daily schedule.
- Create a rotation of available Staff Members, CAs, and PAs to have multiple cameras in use at a time.