The Lead host must be able to fulfill the duties of a general staff member, including but not limited to being able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques and develop age appropriate activities. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean summer program site; ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The Lead Host will provide a positive role model to the Nebraska 4-H camper.
Additionally, the Lead Host position works closely with coordination of Nebraska 4-H partner groups and serves as the main point of contact for outside groups.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with youth/teens.
- Interest and experience with outdoor activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others within and outside of Nebraska 4-H.
Camp Administration Team
80% General Staff Member
- Counselors are at all times responsible for the supervision and safety of their campers. You must know where campers are at all times, and be responsible for their safety and well-being.
- Help all campers have a FUN time at all camp programs, while providing them with a well-rounded experience.
- Promote and work under Nebraska 4-H Camps Mission.
- Be a positive role model for all campers, watching language used, topics discussed with campers, behavior, attitude and dress.
- Interpret to campers all Nebraska 4-H rules, and see they are followed and respected.
- Assist campers in adjusting to each other and in planning their camp program with camper input.
- Make sure that First Aid is given to all campers in need. Report all accidents or problems to medical Director.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and Camp Apprentices and Camp Program Assistants. Inform Leadership staff of problems as soon as they occur.
- Cooperate with parents of campers. Manage two-way communication between camp and parents. Consult Site Director with problems communicating with parents.
- Being available for weekly overnight experiences with campers.
- Perform all duties as assigned to the best of your ability, and with a positive attitude.
20% Coordination of Outside Groups
- Work closely with the Camp Administration Team in the scheduling and coordination of all user groups.
- Serve as a main point of contact for each group when on-site providing exceptional customer service.
- Communicate group needs to the Camp Administration Team.
- Keep accurate records of schedules, number of group participants, staffing schedules, etc. and give to the Camp Administration Team for billing and invoicing.
- All other duties in this space as assigned.