Nebraska 4-H has two camp centers -- Nebraska State 4-H Camp near Halsey, Nebraska, and Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center near Gretna, Nebraska. Both locations provide visitors with a place to discover, to learn, and to grow, through Summer Camp, Group Team Building, Special Events, and Outdoor Education.
Owned and operated through a partnership of the, Nebraska Extension 4-H Youth Development and the Nebraska 4-H Foundation, Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers promote the mission of Nebraska 4-H - which encourages all young people to reach their full potential, by working and learning in partnership with caring adults. The Nebraska 4-H Camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This organization sets standards for safety, maintenance, programs, human relations, transportation, and other areas of camp management. The Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers comply with more than 300 individual standards to ensure that your visit is a positive one!
Our promise at Nebraska 4-H Camps is to offer unique, hands-on experiences where youth, with the guidance of supportive role models, have the opportunity to develop themselves in programs that encourage positive relationships and healthy living, emphasize community building, shape individual leadership, and build an awareness for the natural world in a fun, safe, and inclusive environment.
We accomplish this in cooperation with the mission, vision, and program priorities of Nebraska 4-H.
Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers... a place to Discover, Learn and Grow.
- Utilize best practices in Positive Youth Development.
- To build programs which utilize unique local resources and serve the mission of the Land Grand University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
- The program and facility will be proactive in growing to efficiently and effectively meet changing needs.
- To be purposeful in the development and training of our human resources.
- To provide intentional youth programming that:
- is offered in a safe and inclusive environment
- provides positive relationships with supportive role models
- engages youth in learning and skill mastery (target specific skills)
- encourages the development of personal mindset and social skills (target specific skills and traits)
- provides youth the opportunity to see themselves as an active, important participant in the future
- provides youth the opportunity to be a role model or provide service to others
- To provide intentional educational and recreational experiences for adults.
- To serve as stewards of the resource-rich environments where we deliver our programming.