What ages can attend?
- Big Red Camps are open to youth grades 9-12, including recent high school graduates. Some camp sessions allow current 8th- and 9th-grade students, but this is on a case-by-case basis.
What if I have special medical needs?
- Please notify the Program Director, Dawn Lindsley, and Assistant Camp Director, Ron Zluticky at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will want to know what accommodations you need and will work to meet your needs. A health aide will be on duty to distribute medications and handle situations that arise.
What are the camp dates?
- Check-in will be Sunday, June 11, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Big Red Camp activities occur from Sunday, June 11 through Friday, June 16.
- Check-out will be Friday, June 16 at 4:00 p.m.
What camp sessions are being offered this year?
- This year's camp sessions are available at Big Red Camp Sessions. Changes may occur depending on registration. For example, if no one signs up for a session, it may be removed from the schedule.
When is registration?
- Space is limited, and camp sessions will fill on a “first come, first served” basis. Each camp session has a specific number of openings. A waitlist option is available.
- All housing and food will be provided for all participants throughout the duration of the camps. If you have a preferred roommate request, submit that information at the time of your registration.
- Early Bird Tuition Deadline is April 14. Regular Tuition Deadline is May 12. Lat Tuition Deadline is May 22.
- You will receive an email that requires a response for health and additional information required for camp attendance following completion of the Big Red Camps registration.
- You will receive an email including a Big Red Camp information packet with details about what to bring to camp and a schedule of events following the close of late registration.
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships are for camp registration fees only and do not cover the cost of transportation or other expenses.
- All scholarships must be awarded prior to registration. Any scholarships awarded after the registration process will not be applied to current registrations.
- General Scholarships can be used to attend ANY Big Red Camp session. These cover a portion of the camp tuition fees.
- Additional scholarships may be available for specific camps and may have separate application processes. Scholarships for each session are available at Big Red Camp Sessions.
Are refunds available if I have to cancel my camp participation?
- Refunds will be issued up until the Late Tuition deadline. All refunds issued prior to the Late Tuition Deadline will be charged a non-refundable fee of $100. No refunds will be issued after the Late Tuition deadline.
Can camp participants arrive early or late?
- If arriving early, participants may be able to stay on campus through Guest Services at an additional cost.
- If arriving late, participants should text camp staff (number provided upon request) when they are close to arrival to receive special accommodations.
Is there transportation available from the airport to the camp?
- Possibly. Please contact Program Director, Dawn Lindsley, to coordinate transportation. A shuttle may be provided so that camp participants who are flying in can be transported together from the airport to the camp location. Please have your camper arrive at the airport by 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT on Sunday. We can work to arrange one shuttle vehicle to bring them in together.
Is transportation available to the airport after camp has ended?
- Possibly. Please contact Program Director, Dawn Lindsley, to request transportation.
Whom should I contact with other questions?
- Please send any additional questions to Assistant Camp Director Ron Zluticky at email@example.com.
What is the camp schedule?
- A tentative schedule of events is available at Big Red Camps Schedule. This schedule is subject to change.