FIRST LEGO® League Challenge introduces students in Grades 4-8 to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO®-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FIRST LEGO® League Challenge teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today's scientists
- Develop critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations