Volunteers are essential for the Nebraska FIRST LEGO League program! Each event relies on many volunteers serving in a variety of roles. To explore the volunteer opportunities or to sign-up to volunteer at a FIRST LEGO League event, please complete the steps below.
- Review the FIRST Volunteer Positions for the event in which you would like to volunteer:
- Review the Nebraska FIRST Schedule and decide which events you would like to volunteer at.
- Create a user account on the FIRST Volunteer Information and Matching System (VIMS). The FIRST VIMS (Volunteer Information and Matching System) will guide you through:
- creating a FIRST volunteer user account
- completing the FIRST Youth Protection screening - All volunteers must be screened through the FIRST Youth Protection Program. Once logged in, volunteers will be directed to the Verified Volunteers system. You do not need to provide your social security number nor pay the $2.50 to volunteer for the Nebraska FIRST LEGO League program.
- indicating the event in which you would like to volunteer
- selecting a preferred volunteer position