The 4-H Project Showcase is an opportunity for members to show off their favorite project or maybe a project that didn't go as planned! All projects are eligible regardless of the awards received through judging or even the ability to have it judged at the county level. Projects submitted by August 10 will be showcased on the 4-H Video Wall at the Nebraska State Fair! Projects may also be featured online throughout the year.
- Any enrolled 4-H members may submit a project, and any 4-H project is eligible. This includes county-only projects, live animal projects, projects involving contest participation, projects selected for State Fair, projects that could not be exhibited at the county fair, etc.
- By submitting an entry to this showcase, the 4-H member grants permission to Nebraska 4-H the use and rights associated with using the photograph and quotes in promotional publications, online, and in other media, without compensation.
- Submissions must include at least one photograph of the project. The photo should show the entire project. Be sure to take photos from an adequate distance so the entire project is visible. Photos may include the 4-H member with their project, as well. For example, photos may show the 4-H member holding or using their project, participating in a contest or event, or working with or showing their live animal.
Tips for taking photos:
- Avoid using the camera's zoom. Get closer to the subject instead.
- Use natural light. Avoid direct sunlight. Avoid using flash. Try photographing on an overcast day.
- Avoid cluttered backgrounds.
- Do not apply filters, text, or other digital manipulation.
- Avoid cropping or resizing the photo.