Calling all 4-H members! You're invited to submit your favorite project to see it featured on the 4-H Video Wall at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair!
The 2021 4-H Project Showcase is a fun opportunity to showcase a favorite project, a project you're particularly proud of, or a project you've learned a lot from. Absolutely any 4-H project is eligible regardless of the awards it received through judging or the ability to have it judged at the county level.
We'll need a few details:
- 4-H age
- Project area
- 1 photo of the project
- Description of your project
- Why did you choose to highlight this project?
- What did you learn from completing your 4-H project(s) this year?
- What challenges did you encounter while working on your 4-H project(s)?
Projects submitted prior to August 10, 2021, will be showcased at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair. Projects may still be submitted after August 10th for a chance to be showcased by Nebraska 4-H on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Rules & Guidelines
- Any enrolled 4-H members may submit a project.
- Any 4-H project is eligible. This includes county-only projects, projects selected for State Fair, projects that were not able to be exhibited at the county fair, etc.
- By submitting an entry to this showcase, the 4-H member grants permission to Nebraska 4-H the use and rights associated with the use of the photograph and quotes, in promotional publication, online, and other media, without compensation.
- The 4-H member who created the project will be credited whenever and wherever the photo is shared, published, or reproduced in print or digital media.
- Submissions must include one photo. The photo should show the entire exhibit. We recommend taking several photos from different angles and perspectives and selecting the best one. Be sure to take photos from an adequate distance so the entire exhibit is visible. For best results:
- Use natural light, but avoid direct sunlight. Do not use flash. Try photographing on an overcast day.
- Avoid cluttered backgrounds.
- Do not apply filters, text, or any other digital manipulation that inaccurately represents the exhibit.
- Avoid using the zoom feature on the camera whenever possible. Get physically closer instead. Avoid cropping the photo before submitting it.
- The preferred photo orientation is horizontal.
- Photos must be of sufficient resolution and size for digital sharing. Images should have a minimum resolution of 72 ppi (pixels per inch), but higher is preferred. Images should also be a minimum of 700 pixels on the shortest side (height or width), but larger is preferred. Unless absolutely necessary, it is recommended to avoid cropping or resizing images prior to submission. Generally speaking, images taken by modern digital cameras will be sufficient for submission without resizing or cropping.