Nebraska 4-H Month - Share Your Story!
February is Nebraska 4-H Month, and we want to hear your 4-H story! Maybe it's showing a rabbit, interview judging, or zooming down the zipline. Share a short video or photo that shows your 4-H experience using the #NE4H and #TrueLeaders. We look forward to seeing your 4-H story this February during Nebraska 4-H Month!
Raise Your Hand
April 1-May 15
In 4-H, we believe in the power and future of America's youth. However, only one in three youth says they have the skills they need to handle what life throws their way. Together, we can change that! We're asking 4-H alumni and friends to "Raise Your Hand" so that more youth can benefit from the life-changing opportunities that 4-H provides.
The three states with the most hands raised will win $20,000, $10,000, and $5,000! Help us grow the next generation of True Leaders–Vote for Nebraska now!
True Leaders in Service
Every day, 4-H members across the nation pledge their hands to larger service. And every day, 4-H members are rolling up their sleeves and putting their pledge into action – leading positive change that empowers their peers and their communities. This April, 4-H is launching an annual True Leaders in Service initiative in honor of National Volunteer Appreciation Month. True Leaders in Service, a month-long community service activation, will officially kick-off the first day of April, and culminate with the National 4-H Day of Service on Saturday, April 29. Thousands of 4-H members will venture out into their communities to do what 4-H members do best: they will lead in service to tackle community challenges and help meet the needs of others.
- Register Your Upcoming Event with National 4-H
- Submit Your Past Event to Nebraska 4-H Community Service Map
National Youth Science Day (NYSD) is the world's largest youth-led science experiment. Every year thousands of youth across the country take part in the event. NYSD provides access and opportunity for kids to learn about STEM topics by participating in hands-on STEM challenges. This year, NYSD will be celebrated throughout the month of October. This year's challenge, Code Your World, invites kids to get involved in computer science through hands-on doing.
National 4-H Week
First Full Week in October
National 4-H Week is held every year during the first full week of October. Celebration for this event can be customized specifically to your club or county. This may include planning educational events, special celebrations, community services events, etc.
The theme, Inspire Kids to Do, gives kids more opportunities to do, empowering them with the skills they need to succeed in life and career. This year, Nebraska 4-H is encouraging not only youth, but also parents, volunteers, alumni, and professionals to join in the celebration!
- Monday: 4-H Volunteer Appreciation Day – On Monday, October 7th, Nebraska 4-H will be celebrating our amazing volunteers! Over 12,000 caring adults volunteer their time to help grow the next generation of true leaders here in Nebraska. And we can't thank them enough! We're asking youth across the state to celebrate with us and show their own appreciation for the volunteers in their lives. 4-H'ers are encouraged to go above and beyond by writing thank you cards, baking treats or sharing shout-outs on social media.
- Tuesday: 4-H Spirit Day – Show your 4-H pride on Spirit Day! Wear your favorite 4-H shirt and other 4-H swag on Tuesday, October 8th. This day is for everyone, from 4-H'ers and volunteers to alumni and professionals! Show us your 4-H spirit using #NE4H!
- Wednesday: 4-H Professional Appreciation Day – On Wednesday, Nebraska 4-H will be celebrating our 4-H professionals across the state! Over 200 professionals deliver and support 4-H programming in Nebraska and not only during the summer months. These individuals are working hard throughout the year delivering school enrichment programs, planning special interest opportunities, supporting afterschool programs, and much more! 4-H'ers are encouraged to celebrate by thanking their local 4-H professionals with thank you cards, delivering gift baskets or treats to their local Extension office, or sharing shout-outs on social media.
- Thursday: 4-H Throwback – On Thursday, October 10th, we'll be celebrating with a classic throwback – Throwback Thursday that is! Join us by sharing your own throwback photos and using #NE4H! 4-H alumni of all ages are invited to share throwbacks of their "good ole days" in 4-H!
- Friday: Give 4 for 4-H – Finally, on Friday, consider paying it forward by donating $4 for 4-H. Gifts to the Nebraska 4-H Foundation support specific 4-H program areas, teen and adult leadership education, volunteer programs, member recognition, project clinics, camps, and much more! With private support from individuals, the Nebraska 4-H Foundation is able to fund new 4-H programs and improve existing programs at the county, district, and state levels. Consider donating $4 for 4-H, and pay it forward through the Nebraska 4-H Foundation.
Join this year's celebration on social media using #NE4H, and show us how you are celebrating! For more ways to get involved or to find celebration events in your community, contact your local Extension office.
Name & Emblem Guidelines
The 4-H Name and Emblem are protected under federal statute Title 18, U.S. Code 707. Clubs, members, and volunteers are permitted to use the 4-H Name and Emblem once their program is chartered with the official 4-H Charter from 4-H National Headquarters.