Nebraska 4-HCompanion Animal Programs
Companion animals are diverse groups of animals that include dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, companion birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and many more! There are currently more than 1.1 billion companion animals worldwide. In fact, there are more companion animals than people in the United States.
The 4-H Companion Animal program offers resources and educational programs to youth interested in learning more about caring for companion animals. For more information about companion animal programs offered in your community, please contact your local Extension office.
These resources are for 4-H'er interested or enrolled in the 4-H companion animal program.
- Companion Animal Project Resources
- How to Show Your Cat in 4-H
- Selecting a Rabbit
- Rabbit Breeds for Beginners
- General Rabbit Nutrition
- How to Prepare a Rabbit First Aid Kit
- Preparing Your Rabbit for Show
- Preparing a Rabbit Showmanship Routine
- How to Show in the 4-H Companion Animal Show
- County Fair Scoresheets
- State Fair Scoresheets
- G1960 Pet Foods: How to Read Labels
- Lancaster County 4-H Rabbit Information
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- Oxbow Hay
- Nebraska Herpetological Society
- Nebraska Reptiles and Amphibians