State Horse Expo
Grand Island, Nebraska
July 13-17, 2024
To enter the Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Show, all youth must complete the Horsemanship Advancement Level requirements, horse identification process, and entry process by 5:00 p.m. on June 1. See details below. No late entries will be accepted. No refunds will be given. If youth enter classes for which they are no eligible or if youth decide not to participate, their entry fees will be forfeited. Before beginning, please review all the State 4-H Horse Show rules and the current Nebraska 4-H Horse Show and Judging Guide.
State 4-H Horse Shows entries are subject to the following fees:
- $10 per class per show
- Plus a one-time $10 office fee per exhibitor
- Plus a $35 Working Ranch Horse stock charge
Horsemanship Advancement Level Requirements
- Exhibitors must have successfully passed Horsemanship Advancement Level I and II before entering the State Horse Show.
- Exhibitors must have successfully passed Level III before entering any Level III classes at the State Horse Show.
- Exhibitors must have successfully passed Level IV before entering any Level IV classes at the State Horse Show.
Horse Identification Process
- Download and complete a 4-H Horse Identification Certification (F29777) for each animal.
- If exhibiting in the 2 & 3-year old Western Pleasure classes at the State 4-H Horse Show, download and complete the 2 & 3-year old Western Pleasure Affidavit for each animal.
- Submit completed forms to local Extension Offices by June 1st.
The State 4-H Horse Show entry process must be completed by the exhibitor or their family. This process is not to be completed by 4-H Club Leaders or County Extension staff. Entry program opens May 1st.
Entry fees must be paid for using a debit/credit card. There are no other payment options.
Step 1: Login
- Go to nhorse.fairwire.com.
- Click on Sign In at the top right. Choose a login type:
- Exhibitor: for registering one exhibitor.
- Quick Group: for registering multiple exhibitors. To create a Quick Group, enter a username and password for your group. You may choose a Default Club. The default club will automatically appear for each exhibitor and entry on later screens. In the future, you may enter the site again with either your Quick Group name and password or the login information for any individual exhibitor in your group.
Notes: Be sure to write down or otherwise save your login information. Please note that the system will not save your login information until the registration process is complete.
Step 2: Register Exhibitors
- Input exhibitor's name, address, age, county, t-shirt size, etc.
Step 3: Add Entries
- Choose a Department for your first entry:
- State Horse Show
- You may now add another entry:
- Add different entry is for adding another entry in a different department.
- Add similar entry is an easy way to add another exhibitor in the same department.
- Repeat the steps above for each entry. Note that you may add many types of entries, without logging off. You will pay for all entries in one payment. If you are using the Quick Groups option, you may need to change from the default club as you add entries.
- Once all entries have been completed, click Continue.
Step 4: Review Entries & Additional Items
- Review your entries and additional items for accuracy. Before checking out, you may add more entries or save this cart to add more entries later. Please note that your cart and login information is not saved until you click Save This Cart. Your exhibits are not registered until you click Check-out and complete the payment process.
Quick Group users: You may now click the button Add Entries for a different Exhibitor. This will take you back to Step 1 in order to create a new exhibitor within your Quick Group. Once you are done entering all group members, you can click Check-out and pay for them all at once. If you are using the Quick Groups option, you may need to change from the default club as you add entries.
Step 5: Submit Payment
- Choose a payment method (Visa or MasterCard), and enter your credit card information. Click Continue.
Step 6: Confirm
- Review your summary of entries and additional items. You may print and request an email of the receipt. If everything is correct, click Finish.
- You may review your previous transactions and view your profile by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the page.