Nebraska 4-H hits the road with volunteer professional development
This fall, Nebraska 4-H is hitting the road with an all-new volunteer professional development opportunity. Join us for an evening to discover new opportunities for yourself and your 4-H youth, network with other 4-H volunteers in your community, and build your skills as a 4-H volunteer! Be sure to register in advance to save your seat. Registration is $8 and includes a meal and all materials. Payment is due at the door.
McCook – November 8
- Location: Red Willow County Fairgrounds Community Building
- Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm CST
- Register by November 1.
Bridgeport – November 9
- Location: Prairie Winds Community Center
- Time: 5:30 - 8:30 pm MST
- Register by November 1.
Columbus – November 15
- Location: Central Community College
- Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm CST
- Register by November 8.
Beatrice – November 18
- Location: Southeast Community College
- Time: 5:30 - 8:30 pm CST
- Register by November 10.
Registration for the 2022 judge registration closes September 30th
Adults interested in judging county and state 4-H projects, including live animal shows, static exhibits, and contests are invited to complete the statewide Judge Registration. While not required, the registration process gets your name added to the statewide list of judges which is available to 4-H staff across the state who are looking to hire new judges for fairs, contests, and shows. Adults interested in being added to the 2022 judge list must complete the online registration process by September 30, 2021.
Entry for NEW State 4-H Rodeo closes on September 17th
Nebraska 4-H is proud to partner with the UNL Rodeo Team to offer a new opportunity for 4-H members enrolled in the horse project. The State 4-H Rodeo provides youth an opportunity to showcase their skills in working with their equine partners through speed and agility contests, including goat tying, barrel racing, pole bending, tie down roping, break-a-way roping, and dally team roping. This new event will be held on Saturday, October 9 at the Lancaster Event Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. Entry for this event is open now through September 17th. No late entries will be accepted.
Launching Nebraska-nauts into the 4-C'able Future
Nebraska 4-H is proud to host Launching Nebraska-nauts, an in-flight educational downlink connecting students across Nebraska to astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Through this once-in-a-lifetime experience, educators and students across Nebraska will have the opportunity to interact with astronauts through a question-and-answer session. An in-person experience will be hosted at Raising Nebraska in Grand Island on Wednesday, October 13, 2021, including learning opportunities, guest speakers, and exhibits for participants to interact with!
Students of all ages and classes of all grade levels are invited to participate. A limited number of people will be able to attend the live, in-person event at Raising Nebraska, and registration is now open for those interested. Satellite sites will also be selected across the state, where students and educators may also join in person.
Join us to learn more about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! We're hosting virtual information sessions for educators. Sessions will also be recorded for those who are unable to join live.
- Mission Briefing #1: Tuesday, October 5 at 4:30 PM CT
- Mission Briefing #2: Thursday, October 7 at 4:30 PM CT
Nebraska 4-H is also looking for sponsors and exhibitors for the live event. Make a financial donation to support the Launching Nebraska-nauts program, or sign up for an interactive booth space during the live event at Raising Nebraska on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
Download the Nebraska 4-H App
Keep up-to-date with everything Nebraska 4-H has to offer at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair by downloading the Nebraska 4-H app. Get the earliest possible access to results, show programs, and contest schedules. You won't miss a minute of the fun with everything this app has to offer.
4-H'ers Invited to Submit to the 2021 4-H Project Showcase
Calling all 4-H members! You're invited to submit your favorite project to see it featured on the 4-H Video Wall at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair!
The 2021 4-H Project Showcase is a fun opportunity to showcase your favorite project, a project you're particularly proud of, or a project you've learned a lot from. Absolutely any 4-H project is eligible regardless of the awards it received through judging or the ability to have it judged at the county level. Be sure to submit your project by August 10 to see it featured at this year's State Fair! Though, projects may still be submitted after August 10th for a chance to be showcased by Nebraska 4-H on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Youth from across the state compete in 2021 Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo
Youth from across Nebraska converged in Grand Island on June 10-14th to compete in the 2021 Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo. The event is the pinnacle showing experience for members of the 4-H horse program, and many were excited for this year's face-to-face experience following a virtual show in 2020. The show included a multitude of classes for youth and their horses. Some classes, such as halter and showmanship, were open to all youth regardless of district-level competition. However, other classes required youth to qualify at one of five district-level shows. Districts were held in June in various locations across the state. Results from the 2021 Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo are now available in the 4-H Now mobile app or on the event website.
Congratulations to the 2021 Nebraska 4-H Foundation scholarship recipients
Congratulations to the 2021 Nebraska 4-H Foundation scholarship recipients! The Nebraska 4-H Foundation offers 4-H members the opportunity to apply for scholarships and awards up to $22,000 worth of scholarships each year to 4-H members from across the state.
- Fletcher Larsen, Cherry County
- Abby Scholz, Phelps County
- Allison Rippe, Red Willow County
- Madelyn Kreifels, Lancaster County
- Logan Hicks, Nemaha County
- Emily Loseke, Colfax County
- Galayna Erickson, Hitchcock County
- Jacob Wells, Howard County
- Cooper Koch, York County
- Kristen Herrick, Franklin County
- Sheridan Wilson, Arthur County
- Jessica Wilkinson, Scotts Bluff County
- Blake Bruns, Lincoln County
- Gracie Schneider, Dawson County
- Logan Cast, Seward County
- Kaleb Hasenkamp, Cuming County
- Gracie Philpot, Buffalo County
- Kacee Dvorak, Custer County
- Kaylee Davis, Grant County
- Sarah Treffer, Dawson County
- Wyatt Siwinski, Merrick County
Congratulations to 2021 Governor's Ag Excellence Award Winners
Congratulations to the 4-H Clubs recognized with 2021 Governor's Ag Excellence Awards. Sponsored by the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority, the purpose of the Nebraska 4-H Foundation's Governor's Ag Excellence Awards is to recognize 4-H Clubs for the work of the individuals in the club and the community service work of the entire club.
- 4 Star Hamilton Hero's, Hamilton County
- Always Busy Clovers, Butler County
- Badger Buddies, Washington County
- Better Ba-C's, Otoe County
- Blazing Saddles, Otoe County
- Blue Hill Better Herds, Webster County
- Dakota County 4-H Council, Dakota County
- Farnam Clovers 4-H, Frontier County
- Five Start 4-H, Lancaster County
- Fusion 4-H'ers, Lancaster County
- Happy Helpers, Frontier County
- Joe's Clover Knights, Lancaster County
- Lancaster County 4-H Teen Council, Lancaster County
- Nance County Robotics, Nance County
- NEquestrian, Lancaster County
- Pathfinders, Gage County
- Sandhills Critters, Custer County
- Sheridan County Junior Leaders, Sheridan County
- Southern Lancaster Kids, Lancaster County
- Spring Creek Boots and Buckles, Thayer County
- Sterling 4-H Club, Johnson County
- Unified Showing, Lancaster County
- Unified Showing, Otoe County
- Westside Hustlers, Saunders County
Congratulations to the 2021 State Public Speaking Contest participants
Congratulations to all 160 Nebraska 4-H members who participated in the 2021 State 4-H Public Speaking Contests. The event was held on July 30 at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Youth participating in the contests presented their speeches or public service announcements that were selected at county-level contests. All state-level participants were awarded ribbons, and top winners for each contest and age division were also recognized.
Senior Division Speech Winners:
- Paige Bunn, Dodge County
- Sydney Hutchinson, Cuming County
- Breanna Bosshamer, Buffalo County
- Acacia Carlson, Lancaster County
- Rachel Brhel, Clay County
- Grace Soucie, Franklin County
- Grace Brennemann, Frontier County
- Valerie Bennie, Otoe County
Senior Division PSA Winners:
- Reece Snodgrass, Cumming County
- Campbell Snodgrass, Cumming County
- John Roscoe, Burt County
- Miya Carey, Holt County
- Chelsea Potts, Cedar County
- Ashley Bauer, Buffalo County
Intermediate Division Speech Winners:
- Melanie Wiggins, Lancaster County
- Carson Reiman, Dawson County
- Devon Rasmussen, Gage County
- Luke Sylliaseen, Saunders County
- Mollie Lambert, Cass County
- Greta Rickertsen, Dawson County
- Micah Gerlach, Furnas County
- Kara Brockman, Gosper County
Intermediate Division PSA Winners:
- Melanie Wiggins, Lancaster County
- Hope Roscoe, Burt County
- Harley Hedrick, York County
- Jaden Hunke, Dawson County
- Joshua Snodgrass, Cuming County
- Marshall Bratetic, Knox County