Where and when will the 2020 State 4-H Dog Show be held?
- The 2020 State 4-H Dog Show will be held at the Animal Science Complex on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln East Campus on August 10th.
Why was the show date and location changed?
- Due to rain in 2018 which had significant impacts on the Nebraska State Fair concerts, the decision was made to move all concerts indoors in 2019. With the setup and takedown time required for concerts, as well as for the 4-H Dog Show, this change meant that Nebraska 4-H would be unable to utilize the Heartland Event Center for the 2019 & 2020 State 4-H Dog Show.
Is this change permanent?
- No. At this time, the date and location change is a decision that only affects this year's show.
Is there an option for adding a small animal building on the Fonner Park fairgrounds?
- This has come up in conversation with the State Fair team, and it is something we are exploring.
Does the dog show need to be one day? Could it be broken up into a multi-day event?
- This year, the dog show will be one day. However, we are exploring options for extending the Dog Show into multiple days.
How can I help plan for the 2020 State 4-H Dog Show?
- We are looking for passionate individuals to serve on a 2020 State 4-H Dog Show planning committee. If you are interested, please complete and submit the interest form.
Who can I contact for more information?