Have fun learning how to design your space while being kind to the environment!
|Say It with Style||If Only I Could Have||Everyone Walks Between Me and TV||What a Deal||Would It Be Wood?||Finish It with Fabric||Stash My Stuff||Taking Care of Things||Why Clean?|
|Finishing the Look||Showcasing Your Favorites||Lights On||A Little Privacy, Please||Ideas for Accessories|
|Energy to Burn?||Energy to Save||Use Natural Resources Wisely||Down the Drain||The Sunny Side||The Windy Side of Energy||Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink||Our Global Footprint|
Success Indicator: You will be able to choose energty efficient products and practices.
Life Skills Practiced: Decision making, wise use of resources
Project Skills Practiced: Recognizing energy efficient products and energy wasters.
Here are some ways to help your home keep cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter.
- G1949: Energy Actions for Renters to Save Dollars and Increase Comfort (630 KB PDF)
- HEFF565: Easy on Energy: Tips for Conserving (190 KB PDF)
- NF97-345: Making Decisions: EnergyGuides and Major Home Appliances (104KB PDF) If you would like to contact some of the organizations mentioned in this PDF, be sure to search the internet to verify their mailing address.
- G1642: Weatherizing Your Home: Caulking (730 KB PDF)
- G1681: Weatherizing Your Home: Weather Striping (830 KB PDF)
Activity 1: Become an Energy Scenen Inspector
Activity 3: Go Surf
Compute your environmental footprint by going taking the Ecological Footprint Quiz and figuring out how much you contribute to carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) emissions and climate change.
Other websites to explore for ideas to reduce energy: