FIRST LEGO® League introduces students in Grades 4-8 to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO®-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FIRST LEGO® League teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today's scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
What if you could build a better world? Where would you begin? More than ever, we must come together to innovate and solve problems. In FIRST, you are part of a thriving community brimming with inspiration, creativity, and hope for a stronger, more systainable future–one that's build better together. You have the power to help the cities towns, and places you call home reach new heights. With the support of the FIRST Community, this is your opportunity to lead our future forward–and up!