Many volunteers are needed to make the Nebraska FIRST Program a success! If you are interested in volunteering for a Nebraska FIRST event, complete the following steps:
- Review the FIRST Volunteer Positions for the event in which you would like to volunteer:
- Review the Nebraska FIRST Schedule and decide which events you would like to volunteer at.
- Create a user account on the FIRST Volunteer Information and Matching System (VIMS). The FIRST VIMS will guide you through:
- creating a FIRST volunteer user account
- indicating the event in which you would like to volunteer
- selecting a preferred volunteer position
New this year, all volunteers must be screened through the FIRST Youth Protection Program. Once logged into the FIRST VIMS, volunteers will be linked to the Verified Volunteers system; you do not need to provide your social security number nor pay the $2.50 to volunteer for the Nebraska FIRST Program.