Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo
July 15-19, 2023 | Grand Island, Nebraska
The Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo is the pinnacle experience for members of the Nebraska 4-H horse program. The annual event includes the State 4-H Horse Show, State 4-H Horse Judging Contest, and State 4-H Hippology Contest.
2024: July 13-17
2025: July 12-16
Like all 4-H programs, the Premier Communication Event relies heavily on volunteers to run a smooth event. A variety of roles are available throughout the event, such as gatekeepers, ring stewards, record keepers, and equipment movers. To volunteer at this year's event or to learn more about the volunteer opportunities, please complete the volunteer interest form.
Due to another large event occurring during the same dates as the 2022 Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo, 4-H families are highly encouraged to book hotel rooms and reserve camper/RV hookups as early as possible. Camper/RV hookups will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis, and reservations can be made by contacting Kathy at 308-382-4515.
Camper/RV Hook Up
Due to the increased number of request for Camper Hookups, Fonner Park and Nebraska 4-H have developed the following guidelines:
- Reservation must be made directly with Fonner Park due to another large event coinciding with the 2021 Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Expo. Call Kathy at 308-382-4515 ext. 213 or email email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Camper hookups will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Camper Parking will be on the north side of the grounds along Fonner Park Road in the RV Park.
- Fonner Park requests that NO camper/living quarter trailers be on the ground prior to noon, Friday before the start of the show on Saturday.
- Parking will be available afternoon on Friday. However, trailers/campers cannot be left unattended to prevent theft and vandalism to your property as this has been an issue in the past.
- A $35 fee per day will be charged for all trailer/campers through the event.
– Thank You –
A Partner with 4-H
Since 1976, Fonner Park has been the proud sponsor of the Fonner Park State 4-H Horse Show & Exposition. The Association has contributed over $700,000 to the show by providing the funding for show expenses and donating the use of the facility at no cost. Annual expenses paid by Fonner Park, includes:
Security & Emergency Services
Horse Bowl Contest
Show Manager & Office Support
Printing of Programs
Contest & Event Expenses
Computer Record Services
Sponsor Top Team to the National Contest