Youth in middle school will see the world from a new perspective and learn to be more effective leaders after participating in the Leadership Summit program. Participants will capitalize on their strengths and the strengths of others to help them be more successful team leaders and members. The program is designed to equip youth with an awareness of the gifts they can offer to their families, friends, teams, and communities. Leadership Discovery and Personality Trait Assessment sessions followed by engaging interactive leadership development activities will build knowledge of interpersonal and teamwork skills. Each participant will learn to: “Be a good leader, make a difference today.” Engaging in Leadership Summit: Hike Your Leadership Trail will help prepare youth to be tomorrow’s leaders and role models at a critical time in their identity development. Help them choose the right “trail” in life!
- Develop the ability to understand the perspectives of others.
- Develop skills for building positive relationships.
- Work as a team in diverse groups.
- Build and apply self-confidence in a variety of situations.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of leadership.
- Build leadership capacity while encouraging peers to do the same.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of teams.
- Identify ways they can add value to their community presently.
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Several places throughout the curriculum refer back to this website to find additional resources to help facilitate different activities. Below you will find links to view or download these additional resources.