Youth interested in participating in the Nebraska State Fair must complete enrollment by June 15.
- Step by Step Nomination Instructions (2022)
- Breeding Validation Worksheet
- Livestock Nomination FAQs
- Dairy Affidavits
- Cattle Hair Sample Collection Instructions
- Sheep & Goat Hair Sample Collection Instructions
- Swine Hair Sample Collection Instructions
All 4-H livestock must be entered in ShoWorks before 8:00 PM CST on August 10. This entry process must be completed by the 4-H exhibitor (or their family). Fees must be paid for using a debit/credit card. There are no other payment options. Livestock will not be entered by the county Extension office. Please refer to the 4-H/FFA Exhibitor Entry Limits.
Additional Swine Exhibitor Information
- Pork Carcass Evaluation and Value Presentation, Dr. Dennis Burson (2017)
- Seneca Valley Virus Memo, Department of Agriculture (2018)
Check-In, Weigh-In, Loading/Unloading
- Beef Stalling Information (2021)
- Swine Stalling Information (2021)
- Sheep and Goat Stalling Information (2021)
The purpose of the Herdsmanship contest is to encourage cooperation, fellowship, and teamwork among exhibitors in developing and maintaining a display of livestock and stalling areas. Herdsmanship duties are the primary responsibility of the livestock exhibitor.
Schedules & Show Programs
Show Programs – Show programs will be uploaded below as they are finalized. Programs are also available in the Nebraska State Fair 4-H mobile app.
Also See: 4-H Schedule
Please refer to the following pages and resources for specific species/show rules, guidelines, entry limits, class descriptions, scoresheets, and forms.