The 4-H Photography Showcase offers a project exhibition opportunity beyond traditional print media. Each month, 4-H'ers are invited to submit their favorite photo through the online submission form. Submissions are accepted on a continual basis. However, youth may only submit one photo per month. Photos will be selected from submissions and showcase online by Nebraska 4-H, including on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The 4-H Photography Showcase is open to enrolled 4-H members.
Photo & File Recommendations
The preferred photo orientation is horizontal. Photos must be of sufficient resolution and size for digital sharing. Images should have a minimum resolution of 72 ppi (pixels per inch). However, higher resolution is preferred in case cropping or resizing is needed for online sharing. Images should also be a minimum of 700 pixels on the shortest side (height or width). Again, larger is preferred in case resizing is necessary. Unless absolutely necessary, it is recommended to avoid cropping or resize images prior to submission. Generally speaking, images taken by modern digital cameras will be sufficient for submission without resizing or cropping. If needed, images may be cropped or resized prior to being showcased online. No other photo editing will be performed.
If a 4-H'er wishes to submit a photo that shows people, adult or youth, the 4-H'er should check with those people before submitting the photo.
Rules & Guidelines
- Youth Eligibility: Participants must be current 4-H members ages 8-18. Youth do not need to be enrolled in a photography project to participate.
- Number of Entries: Participants may submit 1 photo each month.
- Photo Release: All photos must be submitted along with a signed and completed photo release form. Forms must include handwritten signatures. Forms must be downloaded, printed, and signed. The signed forms may then be scanned or photographed in order to create a digital copy that can be uploaded along with a photo submission. Photos submitted with incomplete forms will not be considered for the showcase.
- Submission: Photos must be submitted online through the official form. No in-person or email submission will be accepted. Photos must be submitted in one of the following file formats: gif, jpg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, or psd. Youth will receive a confirmation email including a copy of their entry once the official form is successfully submitted.
- Selection: Photos will be selected based on presentation, appropriateness, technical quality, and creative expression.
- Notification: If their photo is selected to be showcased, youth will be notified via the email address provided in their submission.