The Nebraska 4-H Annual Achievement Application is a standard application form used for the selection of county and state award winners, including Nebraska delegates to National 4-H Congress and National 4-H Conference, as well as Nebraska 4-H Foundation scholarship award recipients.
Counties may use the Annual Achievement Application in selecting a variety of county-level awards and recognition. To apply for county-level awards and recognition, submit a complete application via email to your local Extension office by their deadline. Each county implements their own application deadlines. Please contact your local Extension office for more information.
State-Level Awards & Scholarships
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation utilizes the Annual Achievement Application for awarding scholarships. Youth interested in applying for these scholarships must complete the Nebraska 4-H Foundation Scholarships page of the application form and follow the state-level completion and submission procedures below. For more information, please see the Nebraska 4-H Foundation Recognition page.
National 4-H Conference & National 4-H Congress
Nebraska 4-H utilizes the Annual Achievement Application to select delegates for National 4-H Congress and National 4-H Conference. To apply as a delegate to either national experience, youth must make that designation on their Annual Achievement Application, complete the Representing Nebraska 4-H (National Application) page, and follow the state-level completion instructions and submission procedures.
Generally, delegate applicants should:
- Not have been a delegate to the program in which they are applying
- Be able to miss one full week of school and/or work to attend the program
- Be a Nebraska 4-H participant in any delivery mode, including clubs, camps, school enrichment, or afterschool programs.
- Be dependable and punctual
In the selection process, significant accomplishments in the applicants 4-H experience, leadership, community involvement, and career spark are given more consideration than the number of 4-H projects completed.
If selected, delegates will be expected to:
- Participate in an orientation and complete pre-program assignments
- Check and respond to email and other online information regularly in preparation for the leadership experience
- Participate fully in the program
- Carry out follow-up responsibilities designated by the 4-H program
- Make public appearances for 4-H
Applications must be completed electronically. For convenience, three electronic formats of the application form are available, including a:
- PDF Application Form
- Word Doc Application Template
- Google Doc Application Template - Read only. To edit, create a copy by selecting File – Make a Copy – Rename the document with your last name, first name, and county. Then finish editing the document for your awards application.
A complete application includes:
- About Me page
- My Experience pages - Limit responses to a maximum of three pages, single-space, 12 point font.
- Representing Nebraska 4-H (National Application) page - A fourth page is allowed for youth applying as delegates to National 4-H Conference or National 4-H Congress.
- Nebraska 4-H Foundation Scholarship page - Youth applying for the State Scholarships must complete this additional section.
Only one application is required even if youth are applying for multiple awards and recognition.
Applicants should not send a list of awards. Youth may include selected awards as part of their "My Experiences" section of the application.
Creativity is encouraged. Applications may include bulleted lists, photos, infographics, etc. to help tell the 4-H participant's story.
Following a county-level review, youth may make revisions as needed. Applications must be submitted for state-level review no later than January 15th. Completed applications must be emailed to:
Note: Youth are not required to apply for county-level awards and recognition prior to applying at the state level.
National Delegate Selection
A selection committee will screen applications. In the selection process, significant accomplishments in your 4-H experience, leadership, community involvement, and career spark are given more consideration than the number of 4-H projects completed. Applicants who have not been awarded a National 4-H leadership opportunity previously will be given preference.
Applicants may be contacted for further information or to complete additional application or selection requirements, such as interviews.
Please note: Delegates may be required to travel to an airport that is not the closest to them due to chaperone location and cost restrictions.