The 2020 State 4-H & FFA Dairy Judging Contest, typically held during the Nebraska State Fair, will be held virtually. Registration is now open and will close on Monday, September 28th at 5:00 PM CT. Registration fees are $5 per contestant per organization. 4-H members must register online through ne.4honline.com. FFA members will be registered by their FFA advisors.
The online judging contest will open on Monday, October 5th at 8:00 AM CT and will close on Monday, October 12th at 5:00 PM CT. Registered participants will receive an email when the contest opens which will include the contest link and instructions for participation.
Changes to this year's contest include:
- Contestants will judge 7-8 cow classes based on still-life photos with multiple photos of each animal.
- No questions will be asked and no reasons will be taken.
- Classes will include all breeds - Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey, Milking Shorthorn, Red & White
- Contestants are required to judge classes on their own with absolutely no help from others.
- Prepared judging aids are not allowed.
- Official judge(s) will make official placings on classes after judging closes on Monday, October 12.
- Official placings and cuts will be posted along with contest results.